Accessible Pharmacy has partnered with BeMyEyes to provide home-based, COVID testing for the blind and low vision community in the USA! If you are not blind or do not have a disability, we will absolutely help you with the test but we encourage you to try a more traditional testing method so that we can use all of our resources to support the blind community. Here is how it works:
- Call Accessible Pharmacy at 215-799-9900 to learn about the test and the testing process.
- If the test is a good fit for you, you will receive a package from us with the home-testing kit within a day or two. The kit has a self-administered, saliva test inside. We will also coordinate with your primary care doctor to approve the test.
- If needed, contact us via BeMyEyes, during the hours of 10:00 AM Eastern Time to 3:00 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, and one of our Care Coordinators will walk you through the test while you are on the phone and explain how to get it picked up and sent to the lab. You can connect with us via BeMyEyes by clicking the “Specialized Help” button on the BeMyEyes app. Once in the Specialized Help section, you can find our link in the “Health and Personal” tab. If you need to connect with us via BeMyEyes during different hours, go to the following link to schedule an appointment: Schedule an appointment for COVID Test Support
- In most cases, you will receive a call within 48-72 hours with your test results. The test is FDA approved and results are 99% accurate.
In most cases, the test is paid for by insurance and there is only a $50 service fee which as an Accessible Pharmacy Services client, you can redeem for $50 worth of vitamins or over-the-counter medication of your choice!
Your home COVID Testing Kit will include the following inside the package:
- A Zip-lock plastic bag with the test kit inside of it
- A tube to collect the saliva sample
- A small funnel attachment for the top of the tube
- A screw-on lid for the top of the tube
- A sticker label with your name and date of birth will already be on the tube
- An FDA required form that describes the test and instructions
- An alcohol wipe to wipe our hands after completing the test
- A self-addressed, overnight, return envelope
Below are the exact STEPS of how to take the home COVID-19 test. TEST INSTRUCTIONS
- Fill the tube until your saliva (not including bubbles) is at or just above the wavy line. DO NOT OVERFILL.
- Remove the funnel from the tube. Screw on the enclosed cap TIGHTLY to release the blue stabilizing solution that will preserve the sample for the lab. It must be firmly screwed onto the tube.
- Shake the tube for at least five seconds. This will ensure your sample mixes thoroughly with the stabilizing solution.
- Wipe the tube with the alcohol wipe provided in the kit.
- Confirm your Name and Date of Birth on the tube and place it into the return envelope.
- We will help you coordinate a pick-up for the envelope with Fed-Ex at 1-800-463-3339. If Fed-Ex does not service your area, we are unable to provide the testing for you.
- You will get a call within 48-72 hours to review the results once our lab receives your saliva sample.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What happens if I receive a positive result?
- You will receive a call directly from the lab and they will provide instructions for next steps.
- How accurate is the test?
- 99% accurate
- What is the blue stabilizing solution in the cap?
- This liquid preserves your saliva sample. It is released into the saliva once the cap is firmly screwed on the tube.
- Can documentation of the results be provided?
- Will my insurance cover this test?
- Most insurance, including Medicare /Medicaid will cover the cost of the test.
- Why is there a $50 additional fee?
- This covers the cost of expedited freight, packaging and service.
- What can I redeem with the $50 fee?
- The $50 can be used for most vitamins, most over-the-counter items and supplements. They can be purchased all at once or as needed throughout the next 12 months.
- Do I need to use Be My Eyes if I don’t want to?
- No, but our pharmacy team is available at any time to support our patients with BeMyEyes if needed.
- What if I need support using Be My Eyes during a time that is not Monday through Friday from 10:00 to 3:00 EST?
- If you need to connect with us via BeMyEyes during different hours, go to the following link to schedule an appointment: Schedule an appointment for COVID Test Support
*Cannot be combined with other discounts or offers.