ASB Sensitivity Training Announcement
Associated Services for the Blind Sensitivity Training Announcement
Do you work with or provide services to individuals who are blind or low vision? If you do, this workshop is for you. Associated Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired (ASB) invites you to join us for a one-hour Sensitivity Training to discuss questions like:
- How do I know if someone needs help crossing the street?
- When should I offer assistance versus get out of the way?
- Is it okay to pet a guide dog?
- Am I doing a good job of making my services or programs accommodating to blind participants?
- What else can I do to enhance my services?
The session will include general information about blindness and vision loss, preferred language and practical tools to better work with friends, family or clients who are blind or experiencing vision loss. There will be time to ask questions and engage in activities to help illustrate real-world examples. Bring your desire to learn, and we’ll help guide you to a better understanding.
To register for this upcoming training or for information about scheduling an individualized training for your organization, please contact Community Training Specialist Lynn Heitz at LHeitz@asb.org or leave a message at 215-627-0600 extension 824.
- When: The second Tuesday of each month, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Next Session: November 9, 2021 at 10 a.m.
- Where: Online via Zoom (meeting link and call-in number to be sent upon registration)
- Cost: This event is being offered free of charge
To learn more about The Associated Services for the Blind in Philadelphia, please go to: https://www.asb.org/